Thursday, March 26, 2015

13 Weeks

Please excuse my pajamas!  I am finding it much more difficult to remember to take bump pictures this time around. 


How Far Along: 13 weeks 2 days

Total Weight Gain:  4lbs overall 
Sleep: Sleep has been decent this week, but I find myself waking up at 5 am and not being able to fall back asleep. 
Symptoms: Starting to feel hungrier!  It is nice that food has regained its appeal.  Some cramping. 
Maternity Clothes? I started using the belly band because my work pants don't close anymore. I am still in some regular jeans because they sit low on my waist.  I need to ask my sister in law for the box of maternity clothes so I can wear the work pants if needed.  

We told Brian's parents and his sister as well as my brother and sister in law this week.  Everyone seemed very excited and happy so that is great.  I was a bit hesitant to tell my brother and SIL because I think they have been trying for a baby for a while now and I didn't want to make them feel sad because I know how tough it can be to see people around you getting pregnant when  you have been trying and it isn't happening.  My plan is to not talk about the pregnancy a whole lot because let's face is - it is my second pregancy so it isn't nearly as big of a deal as the first one (to others, it will always be a big deal to Brian and I).  

I also told my boss this week, I think he was surprised but happy for me.  He wanted to know if I knew what my "plans" were (ie if I am planning to come back to work) and I said as of now my plans are to come back to the schedule I have now (reduced hours).  Things might be different if we weren't putting a big addition on our house starting in like 2 weeks that will set us back a nice big chunk of change.  We will be moving in with my mom in a few weeks - which I am both excited and nervous about!  My 92 year old grandfather also lives with my mom so it will be a full house for sure!  Ellie adores her great grandpa though so it is nice that they will get to spend more time together.  

Cravings: Lemonade and pickles.  Food in general. 

 Next Appointment: April 3rd

3 comments:

  1. You look precious!! Glad everything is going well. It sounds like you have a lot of new things ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pajamas excused :) I wore yoga pants in all my pictures! Glad to hear all is well and glad that the reaction to your pregnancy was so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemonade craving rears it's ugly head once more! :-) I love these updates. I love seeing you look so happy. Yay 13+! 2nd Tri time!

    ReplyDelete