Thursday, July 11, 2013

We're Having A...

 GIRL!!!

We had our anatomy scan on Tuesday and everything looked good!  Baby girl looks healthy!  Brian and I are pretty sure we know the name but will be keeping it a secret until the baby is born.  

On Tuesday we told my mom and called Brian's sister and parents and let them know.  Then on Wednesday night we had family dinner with my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins grandpa) and were able to do our "reveal" using silly string!  

Everyone wore either blue or pink depending on what they thought the baby would be.  I think only 1 person wore pink so there were a lot of surprised people!  My brother captured the whole thing on video and it is fun to hear the screams when the pink silly string started to pour out.  

My SIL and brother gave us our first baby clothes!  They gave us 3 sleepers: 1 for a girl 1 for a boy and 1 neutral one, but I love the boy one a lot so I will probably keep it and put our girl in it anyway!  They also got us a cute lion stuffed animal because the nursery theme is yellow and gray.  

I feel like I can now go out and buy a few things for the baby, even though I may not need to buy much since my SIL and cousin both said they have tons of girl clothes for me to borrow.  Their babies were born in the fall though, so I will probably need some smaller warmer things!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on Team Pink!!! I love that most people were shocked. Haha!! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! Congratulations!! What an awesome reveal party! I may have to steal those ideas someday :-) So glad to hear your baby girl is looking healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! What a great idea to use silly string :) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete