Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More About Sleep (and other things)

By some miracle on Sunday night Ellie slept from 10:15pm until 6:15 am.  That is right folks - she slept 8 hour straight!  I could not believe it.  I of course did not sleep 8 hours straight because I was staring at the monitor waiting for her to wake up! The following night she slept 10:15-5am.  Not too shabby!  Only problem was that at 5 am she was bright eyed and would not go back to sleep, but hey I can't blame her after sleeping for 7 hours. Sadly last night she woke up at about 2:45 am then again at 7 am so we did a bit of regression. 

The good thing is that I know she has it in her to sleep a full night, so when she decides to do it for a night it will be a blessing/treat for mom and dad.  

I was debating whether or not to write this here, but I decided to go ahead since I am using this blog for documenting the journey purposes!  After my 6 week OB appointment, DH and I had sex for the first time since Ellie was born! We had been doing the bed dance up until I was induced, not as frequently as before I was pregnant, but I was proud of us for still "getting jiggy with it" at 9 months pregnant! 

I was a bit nervous about getting back at it since I tore a little when Ellie was born and had a few stitches and I spotted a bit after my 6 week post partum visit.  Overall it was a bit uncomfortable, but still enjoyable!  I felt a bit of pinching during it, which I hope will go away with repeated use!  

Ok that is all you are getting out of me!  

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news on Ellie sleeping!! I know you probably think twice about blogging on certain topics but believe me for those of us who have yet to experience this we WANT to know! :) We have no idea what to expect if/when we have a baby so I know for me I am all ears on everything you have to tell about your experience! This is the kind of stuff everyone doesn't talk about so thank you for being so selfless and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Amie's comment :-) You go get down with your bad self.

    ReplyDelete