Thursday, October 24, 2013

All Good in the Hood

On Tuesday I had my OB appointment (I go every 2 weeks now) and I was again measuring small from the outside so they had me get an ultrasound yesterday to check Lucky's growth.  

The ultrasound went very well.  The tech said she is measuring 4lbs 6 oz (give or take) and passed all the biophysical tests during the ultrasound. While the tech was pushing the wand over my belly, Lucky was pushing back at it - too cute. 

She tried to get a good 3d picture of her face, but Lucky was covering her face with her hands, so no go.  

After my appointment the OB nurse called to let me know that she is still measuring in the 30th percentile (as she was last time we did a growth ultrasound) so they say that is great that she is consistently growing.  

Ever since the second trimester I have felt a little bad that I didn't have the big round belly that most pregnant people have, but I think I am finally at the point where I am happy with my smaller size belly - since it doesn't mean that my baby isn't growing well or anything like that, it is just the way I am carrying.  I will try to appreciate not being huge at this point - and am able to wear some non pregnancy sweaters/shirts!  If people say to me "you look so small" I will just say "yup, I guess I am lucky" and leave it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment