Wednesday, February 18, 2015

8 Weeks

Just wanted to check in and jot down what is going on with baby #2.  I am 8 weeks today!  

When I was pregnant with Ellie I was nervous because I didn't "feel pregnant" for most of my first trimester.  Seems to be pretty different this time around and I am "feeling" it a lot more.  Symptoms currently include:

Bloating
Sore Breasts
Fatigue
Unable to sleep at night
Cramping
Nausea (only vomited once though)
Crazy dreams

Nothing is too excessive though, overall I feel pretty good.  Being pregnant with a toddler certainly is a challenge though...I miss the weekends just being able to laze about and watch a movie like I did when I was pregnant with Ellie.  I am really tired during the day, but then at night I can't sleep.  It is very frustrating. 

Brian and I told my mom last week.  We put Ellie in a "big sister" shirt and took her over to my mom's house.  My mom saw the shirt pretty quickly and said "are you trying to tell me something" and we were like "um yup."  She was definitely surprised and excited.  She is most likely the only person we will tell until the second trimester.  It feels good to have one more person know though!

3 comments:

  1. Aww that's so great that you told your mom! I'm glad the symptoms aren't too out of control. I hope they'll stay mild for you. I can only imagine how tough it is being pregnant with another little one though Some days I have trouble just taking care of the dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to get some sleep. I'm glad to hear everything is going well with baby #2. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre starting to spread the news! That is great! Glad to hear everything is well and I can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete