Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Juliet is 9 Months!

General 
Busy month!  Juliet is on the move!  She started crawling shortly after turning 8 months and hasn't slowed down since.  She is so curious.  She loves to pick herself up to standing on the couch and anything else she can get her hands on.  Not sure if Winnie and Ellie are loving the new mobility since any of their things are now within reach!


Feeding/Sleeping
She usually gets up once per night, hopefully that habit will break soon!  She loves having a pacifier at night so I make sure there are at least 2 in her crib.  Lately she has been sitting up a lot in her crib - I think this makes it harder for her to get back to sleep. Some nights she still puts up a fuss when I put her to sleep, but most of the time she goes to sleep pretty easily.

Most days she has 2 naps still - one long and one short.  The nice thing is she takes pretty decent naps - up to 2 hours at a time. The tricky party is usually she naps early, and doesn't nap at the same time Ellie does. 

This month Juliet doesn't seem to like purees anymore.  Since she has discovered finger foods it is almost as if she doesn't want the "baby" food anymore.  So instead I have been giving her banana pieces, cheese, baby puffs, etc and she loves trying to pick things up and is getting really good but hasn't quite mastered the pincer grasp yet.

I have noticed when I pump at work that I am getting much less than I used to.  I used to pump about 10-12 oz a day at work from 2 times but now I am down to about 8-9 oz.  Hopefully this is because Juliet has started solids and has dropped a bottle.  Luckily I still have a decent frozen stash to fall back on that should take me until when she weans. 

The Girls
I have been catching Ellie pushing over Juliet recently...not a fun situation.  Not sure why this is starting but I think it is because Juliet is able to get into Ellie's toys.  Any pushing gets and immediate time out in her room so I am hoping to kick this habit quickly.  

Body/Recovery
I did another 5k road race in early June and it went great!  I averaged about 7:20 per mile which is even faster than I used to run pre-kids!  Hopefully as Juliet weans (we are still several months out from that) I will be able to go on longer runs. 


"Look Mom, I'm Driving!"

 Selfies in the park

Father's Day Fun

Peek a Boo!

2 comments:

  1. At what age did she figure out how sit back up on her own? Bowen can sit but if rolls onto his stomach or back he hasn't mastered getting back up yet. I was wondering when that kicks in? Happy 9 months!! Love the picture of her peeking over the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm maybe a month or month and a half after she learned to sit on her own. And she has just started putting down her hand to prevent herself from falling over if she feels off balanced while sitting. Although we still have a LOT of falling and bumping her head at this point as she figures out this whole balance thing. Doesn't help that her favorite thing to do is to open drawers and then push them in (she has pinched her fingers more times then I care to say!)

      Delete