Monday, May 2, 2016

Juliet is 7 Months!

A bit late since we were on vacation last week but here it is!

General 
Juliet has really improved her sitting this month on her own.  She rarely topples over unless she turns around to look at something or reach for something.  We are getting into what I call the "sweet spot" where she can sit by herself but isn't mobile yet.  



Feeding/Sleeping
Pretty much on the same schedule for sleeping as last month - Juliet is still waking up about 2 times per night, but I started putting her down awake and letting her get to sleep on her own.  This has made a big difference in night time routines but hasn't really helped her soothe herself back to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night.  I am still putting her to sleep around 7 pm and I nurse her before sleep but now instead of rocking her to sleep and trying to put her in her crib asleep I try to make sure she is awake.  She usually puts up a fuss for the first few minutes or so but then gets to sleep.  Some nights she will cry for a bit and I have to go back in and soothe her.  Surprisingly when Ellie comes back into her room to soothe her Juliet usually goes right to sleep after that - who would have thought!  She is still sleeping in a Merlin suit. 

Nap schedule is the same - she usually takes 3 shorter naps (30 min - 1 hour) a day or 2 naps (1 long and one shorter) but no real schedule.  Her longest naps happen when she falls asleep in her car seat.  Naps in her crib don't last quite as long.  

I have tried a few more foods with Jules this month
 So far she has tried:
Oatmeal cereal
Sweet Potatoes
Peas
Pears
Prunes
Mangoes
Apples
Carrots

Next month I will try some other things like egg yolks and bananas - she likes to grab for food but doesn't really know what to do with whole pieces of it yet. 

Work
Not much going on at work - I had to work my 2 full weeks of quarter end that make me thankful for my normally part time schedule.  I am getting excited about the weather getting nice (and by nicer I mean mid 50s-60 degrees).  

The Girls
The interaction continues to grow between the girls and Ellie loves to help feed Juliet.  I love having girls because of all the fun outfits I get to put them in:

St Patrick's Day

Easter

Juliet watches everything Ellie does and I now have to take Juliet into another room to feed her sometimes because she constantly pops off my breast to look around if she hears Ellie is nearby.  We are taking our first full family vacation to Florida in mid April!  I am both excited and nervous at the same time!  I will have to do a full write up on how it goes.  We are renting a house in Captiva, FL for a week.  We aren't really planning much other than ocean and pool trips.  And ice cream...I plan on eating lots of ice cream!

Body/Recovery

Exercising is going well. I have stuck with working out about 3-4 times per week.  I can feel my body becoming more toned which is nice since I will be in a bathing suit shortly on vacation.  


House Update
They started painting the outside of the house this week!  I will put up a picture when it is complete.  We also started landscaping so our backyard won't be a mud pit in a few more weeks!

3 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie pie!! I love reading these updates so I know what to look forward too. At what point did she start sitting up on her own. I try working on that with Bowen but he is not even close yet (5 1/2 months)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between 6-7 months. Same time frame with Ellie. Right around 6 months I started sitting her with pillows behind her and she would fall over a lot, but she made a lot of progress between 6-7 months and it seemed to happen overnight so you might be closer than you think!

      Delete
    2. ok that makes me feel better to know between 6-7 months. They work with him a lot at daycare too so I'm sure that will help. He doesn't roll as much as I thought he would just yet either.

      Delete