Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Takes on New Meaning

Ever since my father passed away nearly 6 years ago I have dreaded Father's Day.  The day seemed to get even more upsetting once we were dealing with infertility.  I had to look at pictures of my friends and family on social media celebrating what 1) I had lost and 2) what my husband and I couldn't make.  

Of course I would put on a happy face for the day and attend our family cookout.  And I do consider myself quite lucky that my 91 year old grandfather is still with us and I celebrated him.  


This was the first year that seemed to turn the corner for Father's Day.  Of course I still wish that my own father was still with us, but being able to celebrate Brian as a father this year definitely made it a day to look forward to.  

I pray that all of my blog followers that are struggling with IF get to feel this same joy in celebrating father's day when this day rolls around next year.  





4 comments:

  1. How precious are they!! Glad Fathers Day is celebrated in a new way for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog on Chickin's blog, I just wanted to stop by and let you know I stopped by yours today and love it. You have a beautiful family and it gives people like me with IF hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krystal! I am glad you found my blog and that you enjoy it! I don't write nearly as often as I used to but I love keeping a log of what Ellie is up to each month!

      Keep the hope alive! I loved to follow other IF folks blogs when they got pregnant and had babies while we were still going through IF. It is nice to see that there often is a light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete