Thursday, February 6, 2014

Are You Sure That Baby Is Yours?

Sometimes I wonder if this baby really belongs to Brian and I.  Case in point: Brian and I are not great sleepers.  Me especially.  I had some lovely insomnia while I was pregnant pretty much covering both the second and third trimesters.  I can't take naps, I can't sleep in.  But somehow we seem to be blessed with a child that is a good sleeper.  

Whenever I read our baby books on how long Ellie should be sleeping at 2-3 months they all say that she could be doing a 4 hour stretch at a time.  Last night Ellie slept from 9:30pm until 6:00 am! She woke up, I fed her and she seemed sleepy so I put her back to bed and she slept for another 1.5 hours.  Where did she come from??  She doesn't do this every night - most nights she is up between 3-4 am, but she has given us a lot of these nights where she wakes up at 5 am + and it is wonderful.  I would never have expected her to sleep so well and I am very grateful. 

She isn't quite as good at napping during the day - which leads to some fussiness from 5-8pm, but she doesn't seem to have trouble sleeping at night.  

Having written this all down I am probably shooting myself in the foot and she will start waking up every 3 hours :)

 In other fun baby news, Ellie attended her first movie!  In a local theater they run a weekly "Baby Matinee" where you can bring your baby to the movie!  We saw 12 Years a Slave and I was very thankful Ellie can't understand things yet, because that move was heavy.  It was funny being in the movie theater with babies, every now and then one would "erupt" but other moms were good at quieting the babies down quickly, so I was able to follow the movie for the most part.  

We are hoping to take Ellie on her first road trip this weekend to visit Brian's parents, sister and his friends in Pennsylvania.  Right now his parents don't have power due to an ice storm so hopefully they get it back today so we can still go down. 

Here are some recent pics of our cutie!


 

 

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, she is such a sweetie!! That's amazing that she is sleeping so well! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it continues :-) Maybe with you and Brian being poor sleepers it's an instance of two negatives resulting in a positive?? Have a fun roadtrip if you're able to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and also: I was SO worried when I clicked on this post that the title came from someone actually asking you if Ellie is yours!! I'm always amazed at the stupidity that comes out of some people's mouths so I was cringing for a second there.

      Delete
  2. She is soooo cute!!!! There is no doubt at all that is ya'lls baby! She looks exactly like ya'll :) Glad she is sleeping well for you.

    ReplyDelete